Curtin University continues to build a strong global presence. Our campus in Miri, Sarawak offers a completely unique experience. Located on the mystical island of Borneo, with the incomparable, 187 000 hectare Miri-Sibuti Coral Reef National Park just offshore, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Gunung Mulu National Park, a mere 45 minutes away, our campus is a gateway to all of the incredible adventures to be had in East Malaysia. Joining Curtin Malaysia is an experience you’ll never forget.
Dean of Faculty of Business
The Dean of Faculty of Business provides leadership and management to formulate and progress the Faculty’s strategic plan and to contribute to the strategic direction of the University. The position plays a critical role in strengthening the Faculty’s profile and reputation in teaching and research.
The Dean also takes a leading role in the Faculty’s relationships with industry and government in order to build effective education and research partnerships.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead, promote and foster high impact research within the Faculty.
- Lead, promote and foster quality teaching, learning and student engagement within the Faculty.
- Identify and develop strategic opportunities for the Faculty in the development of its global activities.
- Maintain effective relationships with Curtin Australia, other Curtin’;s offshore campuses and global partners.
- Identify and secure strategic opportunities for research, consulting, enterprise and commercial activities of the Faculty.
- Ensure the continued development and management of internal and external University relationships, e.g. with industry, government and universities, that foster strategic partnerships to support University and area strategic objectives.
- Ensure the Faculty’s financial security through effective and efficient resource management (financial, human, physical, information resources).
- Provide leadership in planning, development and implementation of the University’s Strategic plan, Enabling Plans and the Faculty’s Strategic and Operational plans.
- Develop, regularly review and report on the areas of responsibility and related priorities to ensure achievement against the plans.
- Ensure the application of relevant policies, standards and procedures within the Faculty that will enable the University to achieve its desired outcomes.
- Represent and promote the Faculty and the University locally, nationally and internationally in areas of responsibility.
- Foster a workplace in which staff are developed, supported and recognised.
- Foster an organisational culture with an emphasis on performance, clients and shared vision that is responsive and adaptable to change and committed to continuous improvement.
- Promote and develop both the Faculty and the University through collaborative initiatives between Faculties, University directorates, and other agencies as appropriate.
- Serve on and, when required, chair a range of internal and external committees.
- Perform and coordinate special projects in consultation with and as directed by the Pro Vice-Chancellor/Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor.
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
- A doctoral qualification and an internationally recognised record of academic/research achievement in a business-related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire through clear vision, example, communication and personal influence within a complex organisation.
- Demonstrated strategic management and negotiating skills, particularly to foster and maintain long-term in-depth relationships with industry, government and national/international communities.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and resource management skills in the development and mobilisation of resources, including the ability to administer a Faculty within policy and budgetary requirements.
- Demonstrated high level organisational planning and implementation skills, which demonstrate creativity and ability to achieve results.
- Proven capacity to foster a productive and active interdisciplinary research culture.
- Demonstrated understanding of the tertiary education sector, including a sound knowledge of trends in management of contemporary universities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills and the ability to promote a cooperative culture amongst colleagues and students.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in both written and oral communication, with well-developed cross-cultural sensitivity.
- A record of contribution to academic and community life that is consistent with Curtin’s values and goals.
The appointment will be at Professorial level.
Internationally competitive salary.
To apply or for more information, please go to https://www.searchhigher.com/curtin/dean-of-business-school/ or contact Mark Holleran at firstname.lastname@example.org