Curtin University continues to build a strong global presence. Our campus in Miri, Sarawak offers a completely unique experience. Located on the mystical island of Borneo, with the incomparable, 187 000 hectare Miri-Sibuti Coral Reef National Park just offshore, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Gunung Mulu National Park, a mere 45 minutes away, our campus is a gateway to all of the incredible adventures to be had in East Malaysia. Joining Curtin Malaysia is an experience you’ll never forget.
Director of Marketing and Communications
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about providing strategic direction, innovative leadership, management and guidance for all marketing and marketing communications functions of the University, including Curtin’s strategic brand management for domestic and international markets.
In this role, you will manage a number of multi-disciplinary teams who are engaged in a range of activities to deliver against the student recruitment targets and brand positioning goals of the university. You will lead the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans to support the vision, mission and goals of the university, leads the marketing and communication teams to support and enhance those strategic directions and provides expert advice to the top management with regards to the strategic plans.
- Develop and maintain a clear and overarching global brand position for the university.
- Develop, implement and review university-wide marketing plans and policies to enhance Curtin Sarawak’s reputation and market share, in consultation with faculties and areas.
- Oversee the development and strategic direction of the area and promote the strategic directions of marketing services areas to the wider university community.
- Work collaboratively across all areas of the university in the provision of marketing services, social and digital media functions, and related matters.
- Provide expertise and exercise judgement when planning marketing, media strategies and communications initiatives for the university, taking into account the university’s strategic goals, timelines, budget issues and overall benefit to the university.
- Develop new initiatives and seek opportunities to ensure targets are achieved.
- Ensure that marketing and marketing communication opportunities are maximised through the managed negotiation and integration of activities across a range of activities.
- Provide market analysis and competitive data in relation to Curtin Sarawak’s brand health and advertising tracking and effectiveness to the Pro Vice Chancellor.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that effective planning takes place to enable the efficient delivery of marketing services and advertising, digital communications and information delivery, in various platforms.
- Provide leadership development to directors and managers, and coaching, guidance and support to all staff working in the area.
- Implement and maintain sound budget management practices.
- Ensure delivery of work is of a professional and high standard.
- Represent and promote the university in appropriate public forums and professional organisations.
- Develop and adhere to risk management practices to protect the brand and reputation of the university.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Competition and Consumer Act (2010).
- Knowledge and understanding of current copyright and defamation legislation as it applies to print and electronic broadcast mediums.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ESOS Act and its’ implications for student recruitment and university marketing.
- Knowledge and understanding of current privacy legislation, especially as it applies to the collection of information for market research purposes.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant area.
- 10 years of experience in marketing and communications in a higher education sector at a senior management level.
- Proficient in the use of current communication and marketing applications, systems and tools.
- Proven track record of leadership in developing and implementing strategic communications, brand positioning strategy, marketing initiatives, operational marketing, digital marketing strategy and advertising including measurable results.
- Proven ability in dealing with crisis communications and issues management as part of a strategy that maintains reputation and brand development.
- Proven track record of relationships with national and international media which includes relationship building for traditional and new media platforms.
- Proven experience in working effectively with representatives from both the public and private sectors in the most senior positions.
- Experience and knowledge in agent management, financial management and budget planning.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
To apply or for more information, please contact Mark Holleran at email@example.com