Warwick Conferences is a conference, meeting and events business based at the University of Warwick. We have a diverse range of venues, each offering bespoke spaces, bedrooms and dining.
We also offer the Conference Park; unique spaces and accommodation within the university itself. This is alongside our catering, event management and event production services.
We are looking for an inspirational leader to manage and develop the Warwick Conference businesses to maximise and sustain surpluses for the University, whilst delivering the highest levels of customer service.
You will contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, plans and an organisational culture and climate which will enable the University to be successful and exceed the aspirations of internal and external ‘stakeholders’.
- To create, direct and deliver the overarching strategic business plans for the development and growth of the full portfolio of commercial activities within Warwick Conferences with particular emphasis on achieving strong surplus growth, in line with the Commercial and University Strategy.
- To monitor and react to changes in industry trends, technology, competitive landscape and internet technology which may affect the business.
- To continuously innovate and develop the product offering and potential markets to increase sales and profitability whilst being sensitive to the student experience and the University aims and objectives and charitable status.
- To assess potential new markets, analyse competition and organise relevant market research and where necessary prepare business cases for new initiatives, illustrating market demand and pay back. To set challenging targets for senior managers and monitor progress through financial and non-financial key performance indicators.
- To cultivate relationships with existing clients and partner organisations to secure more business.
- To visit key clients and partners, prepare and deliver presentations and represent Warwick Conferences with internal customers and at committees.
- To provide leadership and guidance to senior managers in order that they fulfil their potential and assist them in leading and managing their businesses and to provide consistency of approach in line with University culture.
- To ensure all staff within the businesses receive adequate and appropriate training, coaching and feedback to maximise their potential, job satisfaction and the overall customer experience.
- To develop and deliver the policies and processes applied in the businesses to ensure that the highest quality of customer service is consistently achieved and that University policies and procedures are fully reflected.
- To take the lead customer role in the specification, design, project management and commissioning of all Warwick Conferences capital and maintenance works and projects to ensure delivery on time, to the expected quality and on budget.
- To assume overall responsibility for the health and safety and food hygiene within the businesses, ensuring full legislative compliance and adheres to reporting procedures at all times to establish and maintain a culture of health & safety awareness within the businesses and amongst staff.
- To contribute to and lead the development and implementation of strategies, plans and organisational changes.
- To have responsibility for the production and delivery of the 5-year plan for the Warwick Conference businesses; optimising customer experience, financial performance and staff motivation and performance and to guide the direction and pace of the businesses to ensure sustainable competitive advantage.
- To analyse annual and quarterly budgets and financial proposals, regularly assessing the financial position and performance and addressing negative variances promptly.
- To prepare and present reports and plans to the Campus and Commercial Services Steering Group and Executive Group.