The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s great success stories. In fifty years since being founded, Warwick has become one of the country’s best universities, consistently in the top 10 of UK league tables and rapidly climbing the international rankings of world-class universities recently moving into the top 50 worldwide.
Warwick is a substantial organisation, with a 290-hectare campus consisting of 240 buildings for teaching and research. Over 6200 student rooms and 3 conference centres. The University is undergoing a major multi-million pound capital programme that includes the National Automotive Innovation Centre in partnership with Jaguar Land Rover.
The Estates Office is now looking to appoint a new Finance Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be responsible for the preparation of financial information for departments and activities, including financial accounts if applicable, management accounts, reports to committees, budgets, five-year plans, cash flow forecasts and project assessments.
2. To assist in the preparation and review of the University group’s management and statutory accounts and five-year plans.
3. To provide financial advice and information to University managers.
4. Special projects, usually involving preparing full business plans and critically appraising such new ventures.
5. To offer constructive criticism, advice and counsel on a variety of financial matters, including possibly pricing policy, market analysis, business risk and performance indicators.
6. To service Boards or University committees, including the preparation of agenda, minutes and papers on issues requiring decisions.
7. Contract review and appraisal to ensure compliance with University procedures, best practice and commercial application.
8. Routine work and ad hoc assignments as required.
The successful candidate will have a recognised accountancy qualification, broad experience within a finance function including preparing business plans, good experience of using IT systems, good communication and presentation skills, substantial experience of management accounting as well as statutory accounts preparation, good excel spreadsheet skills, sound knowledge of accounting standards and good overall awareness, sound knowledge of VAT and corporation tax, and ability to critically evaluate new business opportunities.
For more information, please contact Mark Holleran on 02476 522 050 or email@example.com