Closing Date: 20/05/2021
1st Interview Date: 09/06/2021
2nd stage Interview Date: 10/06/2021
To provide a pro-active, high quality professional HR management service to the Campus and Commercial Services Group Portfolio within the University.
The provision of support and advice on a broad range of staffing issues, including employee relations, organisational development, change and performance management, disciplinary and grievance, recruitment, well-being and HR administration, covering all grades and levels of staff, including senior academics at Professorial level, and senior managers.
To support HR Managers in the delivery of HR Strategy and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a comprehensive, professional and proactive HR advice and support service to managers and staff in designated department(s), based on knowledge and experience and understanding of the needs of departments. This will include developing and maintaining relationships with Heads of Department or their representatives, developing an HR strategy for each department, proactively identifying and prioritising HR issues/objectives, and reviewing and monitoring progress against KPI’s.
- Provide advice on employment issues as they arise, such as grievance, harassment, disciplinary and ill health, in order to resolve such issues effectively and efficiently. Consult with the HR Manager where issues are likely to have a significant impact on the University (such as leading to legal challenge, employment tribunal, formal involvement of regional trade union officials, significant financial risk). Liaise with trade union representatives as appropriate, ensuring management of employee relations.
- Ensure legislative and good practice guidelines are adhered to and that the formal University policies are followed, providing interpretative advice and local implementation to department as appropriate. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging employment legislation and codes of practice, highlighting any amendments as appropriate.
- Be an expert point of reference for managers and members of staff on conditions of appointment, pay and grading, recruitment and selection and other HR related matters.
- Proactively manage cases balancing internal and external risks with the need to resolve cases expediently.
- Work with key stakeholders and departments to ensure effective change management including consideration of HR implications e.g. restructure, redundancy, TUPE.
- Work as part of the HR team to contribute to and develop HR policies, processes, initiatives and services within the context of the University’s HR strategy, undertaking project work as required.
- Work with LDC Advisers to develop and implement learning and development initiatives, and work with other specialists as appropriate e.g. Reward Manager, Pensions Manager and Director of Health and Safety.
- Support HR Managers in the delivery of their relevant subject area specialism eg policy, employee relations, health and safety and well-being, equality and diversity and talent management.
- Ensure the appropriate authorisation and timely production of appointment letters, amendments and extensions to contract, ensuring the necessary checks have been carried out (funding approval, permission to appoint, permission to work in the UK etc).
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities, which fall within the grade of the post.
POST TITLE: HR Business Partner
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources-Central
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively.
The post holder must be able
|ESSENTIAL (E) or
|A good honours degree or equivalent experience.||E|
|Graduate level qualification of the CIPD or equivalent.||E|
|Significant experience in a professional HR role.||E|
|Experience of working in a complex organisation covering a wide range of professional and non-professional staff groups.||E|
|Comprehensive knowledge of current and emerging legislation, case law and HR best practice, with an aptitude for translating legal developments into practice.||E|
|Proven track record of arriving at creative solutions to problems including the utilisation of negotiation, mediation and facilitation skills and minimise risk to the University.||E|
|Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade a wide range of people.||E|
|Proactive approach to issues and problems, strong customer and continuous improvement focused.||E|
|Ability to build relationships, based on trust and confidence, with managers and employees at all levels in order to foster an environment of co-operation and collaboration.||E|
|Ability to interpret and analyse data and present information in a professional format. Ability to maintain accurate records.||E|
|IT skills, including Microsoft Office, HR Information Systems, Internet and e-mail.||E|
|Ability to work in a team, sharing and demonstrating ideas of good practice and give professional guidance to departmental support staff.||E|
|Demonstrable commitment to University values.||E|
|Commitment to CPD.||E|
|Experience of working within a unionised environment.||D|
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign, please apply below by submitting a CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format or call Kaye on 07387238343 for a confidential conversation.