Would you like to work for a world-leading department within the University of Warwick? Are you experienced in quality and reliability management techniques?
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Teaching Fellow to join the Business Excellence Team in WMG to work with existing team members in delivery of the Master’s degree programmes. This will involve some collaboration and consultation with industrial partners to create appropriate resources, ensuring that materials have a business relevant context and a modern approach to business excellence.
The specific learning objectives that you will facilitate are:
- How organisations design and develop robust products and processes
- How organisations plan and manage resources and assets
- How quality philosophies, systems, and techniques and employee involvement should all contribute to improving quality and reducing costs.
The post involves a number of interrelated tasks including:
- Critical review of the literature
- Development of learning material in consultation with colleagues and collaborating organisations
- Development, supervision and examination of Masters projects and assignments
- Development, administration and delivery of Masters modules in the UK and overseas.
With a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline, and a professional track record in business excellence, you will be highly enthusiastic in your approach and able to foster a keen interest in the subject by utilising a range of delivery techniques for student engagement. Applicants from an industrial background are encouraged to apply.
In return, we will provide a great range of benefits that include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities. You will work in a vibrant teaching team with outstanding links to research and industry.
To undertake teaching in the field of business excellence to postgraduate and post-qualification levels. This will include supervision of research students and student projects up to doctoral level. There may be some requirement to teach overseas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To deliver teaching in the field of business excellence. Teaching activities include lectures, seminars and small group work, including assessment, preparing students for projects, project supervision, marking of presentations and dissertations using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods in order to support the work of the department and develop and enhance its reputation, internally and externally.
- To supervise research students and student projects up to doctoral level. Set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide timely feedback to students.
- To contribute to the planning, design, organisation and development of objectives and materials for courses, which includes identifying areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement, and liaising with colleagues and collaborative organisations to update learning materials.
- To teach overseas at WMG’s teaching centres, as required.
- To challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To participate in and develop internal and external networks, contribute to student recruitment, secure student placements, facilitate outreach work and contribute to the identification of sources of funding and the process of securing funds for scholarly activities.
- To undertake any other duties, such as administration, as required.
WMG has engaged the services of Search Higher to manage this recruitment. If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter directly by email to Kaye Matthews, Search Higher Recruitment Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Please do not submit an on-line application for this role.