Warwick Employment Group
Salary: £29,301 – £38,183 per annum + superb benefits package
Warwick Employment Group (WEG), a commercial group of businesses owned by the University of Warwick, requires an experienced Business Analyst to help achieve their strategic objectives by identifying opportunities for process and performance improvement.
This is a unique chance to work with and make a mark on systems from the ground up whilst ensuring WEG is fit for purpose moving forward with their expansion plans.
The IT team has doubled in size over the last 12 months and WEG has plans to expanded both within the UK and across the US and Australia. This role will give the post holder the opportunity to shape systems to aid with this expansion.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for interpreting business needs and translating these requirements to technical teams for implementation. The successful applicant will be confident communicating with senior stakeholders and challenging assumptions over the way they will introduce new business processes and solutions.
- Elicit requirements, document business processes and identify opportunities for process and performance improvement
- Evaluate requirements gathered from various sources and reconcile conflicts
- Determine root causes of issues
- Document current and future state processes to support business change and IT implementations
- Deliver functional and business requirements specifications, use cases, process and system documentation,
- Produce proposals for new solutions and service improvements for technical and non-technical audiences; including documents based on UML and BPMN frameworks
- Conduct GAP analysis to appraise and inform recommendations for solution implementations
- Act as liaison between business and project teams, suppliers, technical teams to ensure solutions meet user requirements and issues are identified and addressed
- Prepare complete test plans, manage the testing process and participate in UAT. Analyse and address test failures and work with business owners to define acceptance criteria for new solutions
- Strong experience with business process analysis
- Experienced with Business case, benefits, requirements elicitation and documentation
- Strong understanding of interpreting business needs and requirements and translating them into application and operational requirements
- Experience of SDLC and implementation of IT solutions
- Experience with building test plans, agreeing acceptance criteria and managing UAT as part of systems implementation
- Experienced producing and presenting reports to senior staff and stakeholders
- ISEB certified (desirable)
- Experience with formal tendering and procurement procedures (desirable)
- Knowledge of BPMN standards (desirable)
- Agile (desirable)
The University of Warwick offers a wealth of premium benefits including a generous holiday entitlement, entry to the USS pension and annual study vouchers.
To apply, please submit a current CV in addition to a covering letter detailing why you believe you would be suited to the position.