SearchHigher is committed to protecting the privacy rights of individuals who entrust SearchHigher with their personal data. We have put in place suitable security procedures to safeguard your information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
Complaints or queries
Data Protection Officer
University of Warwick
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to. However, please bear in mind that the ICO does recommend that data subjects approach the data controller in the first instance with any queries/complaints.
We keep this document under regular review and any updates will be uploaded to this page. This statement was last updated on 25th May 2018.