The Capital Programme Director within Estates will take full responsibility for all capital projects across the University, ensuring these key projects are delivered safely, to time, to quality and budgetary expectations. Also lead the department and improve the overall service offering, developing staff capability, innovating, and bringing in new working practices. Ensure delivery is aligned to the estates strategy and masterplan and responds appropriately to the university strategic objectives.
- The University of Warwick is committed to delivering a capital plan, circa £1bn in 8-10 years, to continue the transformation of its real estate, creating a world class campus and setting the foundations for future success.
- The University of Warwick is a world class research led university, in the top 10 in the UK, which offers a broad spectrum of degrees to a diverse student community, with over 40% of students being from countries outside the UK.
- The future capital plan has been approved for the next 10 years, with a number of significant schemes including new/transformed STEM facilities (£400m programme) and new/refurbished Social Sciences facilities (£240m programme).
- The successful candidate will report to the Estates Director, deputising when required, and will be responsible for all the capital project delivery for the university across all its campuses, in Coventry, Stratford Upon Avon, and other satellites.
- Responsible for circa 40 professional staff, this is a significant leadership role responsible for the capital project design & delivery and overall performance of the function to support the university and department objectives.
For the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click here.
For the Warwick Estates brochure, please click here.
About the University of Warwick
Born in the 60s with a mindset of boldness, imagination and collaboration, the University of Warwick is a world-leading research-intensive university with the highest academic and research standards. We’re one of the world’s top universities, ranked 67th in the world and 10th in the UK*, with 92% of our research assessed to be ‘world leading or internationally excellent’**. *QS World University Rankings 2024 ** Research Excellence Framework 2021
You’ll be joining a diverse, innovative and globally connected community committed to igniting real world progress. Here at Warwick, we offer you opportunities to follow your ambitions as long as you bring the energy and determination to succeed.
What will you get in return?
- 30 days of paid annual leave, four shut down days at Christmas, and eight bank holidays
- A competitive pension scheme
- Staff training
- Free eye care vouchers
- Preferred rates for a dental plan
- Discounts at Warwick Arts Centre and Warwick Sport Membership
- Enrolment onto the Employee Assistance Programme, a complete support network that offers expert advice and guidance 24/7
How to apply
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign; please apply below by submitting a CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation about the position, call Kaye Powell on 07387238343.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12th December.