Lead the development and implementation of strategy and activities to embed the equality, diversity and inclusion agenda across the University; develop systems and approaches to drive and evaluate progress against the internal and external KPIs and benchmark EDI across Faculties and Professional Services; lead and develop the University profile in research and scholarship in relation to EDI ensuring current thinking is embedded in University approaches; develop links with external bodies and stakeholders to enhance the University’s profile and reputation as sector leading with regard to equality of opportunity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver the strategy and implementation plan that will lead to the achievement of the University’s EDI goals and that align with the overall University strategy
- Bring leadership and expertise to the wider organisation in driving forward the University’s Public Sector Equality Duty and commitment to equality of opportunity including enhancing culture, achievement of KPIs, acceleration of the attainment of external charter marks and meeting the EDI targets within the Access and Participation Plan, TEF, REF and KEF.
- Provide the Vice-Chancellors group with advice on an effective EDI governance and operating framework
- Lead and operationally manage the EDI team to deliver on the agreed institutional EDI goals
- Create a clear institutional identity and culture for EDI; promoting equality as a key theme amongst the University community and leading on the management and delivery of supporting activities via employee engagement.
- Develop a national profile in EDI through the delivery and publication of research and analysis which draws on work measuring and evaluating the impact of the University’s strategies on student, staff, business and stakeholder outcomes with regard to EDI.
- Implement a framework to enable managers to assess and report on the impact of EDI on their policies and decision making prior to implementation.
- Work with the Data Insight and Analysis team to develop statistical reports, dashboards and evaluation with regard to EDI to enable the Vice-Chancellors Group (VCG) and senior managers to assess progress in their lines of responsibility.
- Chair the University Equality, Diversity and Inclusion implementation group and establish task and finish groups to deliver its business. Work in partnership with the People Team, Student Services, Professional Services and Faculties and Schools to ensure policies and procedures are aligned with achieving the EDI goals that have been set and embedded within the workplace and curriculum.
- Develop, implement and communicate interventions to ensure visibility; measuring impact and reporting on success.
- Represent the University and maintain strong relationships with external bodies, organisations, communities and key stakeholders to enhance the University’s reputation and maximise opportunities for its voice to be heard with regard to EDI.
- Work with the Students Union to facilitate cohesive approaches to develop and communicate the EDI agenda amongst the student body.
- Scan emerging themes and issues, translating them into deliverables and informing strategy.
- Management of the EDI team and resources.
- Advise and hold to account, the Board and VCG on all matters relating to EDI
- Deputise for the PVC (Academic Leadership) as appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as determined by the PVC (Academic Leadership)
UCLan strives to be equal, diverse and inclusive and a place where everyone has a positive sense of belonging. They particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston
You can find out more about working at UCLAN here
The University of Central Lancashire has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign; please apply below by submitting a CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format, or you can also email your documents to email@example.com; or call Jayne Reilly on 07823524581 for a confidential conversation.