Bishop Grosseteste University is based in the historic uphill area of the city, just a ten-minute walk away from the castle and cathedral and a range of other cultural and historical attractions. BGU has been awarded a Gold Teaching Excellence Framework Award for its teaching and learning and the unique and positive experience we offer our students is well recognised and evidenced through such key achievements. This is an exciting time of expansion and growth for the institution and BGU will be able to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and contribute to our ongoing success.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Marketing, Recruitment and Communications. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the post holder will be responsible for the overall leadership, strategic direction and management of the University’s Marketing, Recruitment and Communications teams and functions, specifically in relation to target-driven recruitment of students, smooth admissions processes for all students, development of marketing initiatives to support the University’s ‘access and participation’ imperatives and the development and implementation of effective marketing, recruitment and communications policies and procedures.
The successful candidate must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification as well as high-level experience in marketing, recruitment or communications. The post requires an excellent understanding and knowledge of strategic marketing, recruitment and communications methods, including experience of project/change management and experience of managing and coordinating resources, including the management of staff.
- BGU offers a generous employee benefits package including:
- 35 days holiday for Director role.
- Plus 3 additional discretionary days annual leave over the Christmas period
- Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering up to a 19.5% Employer Contribution, a Teachers Pension scheme offering up to 23.68% Employer Contribution, and also a 10% non-contributory pension for members of staff that do not wish to pay into a scheme.
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions
- We also offer various free perks and discounted vouchers through Perkbox e.g. a monthly free cinema ticket, a free coffee every week, a Birthday Box delivered straight to your work or home, Free Eyecare Vouchers, a Cycle to Work Scheme, plus many discounts at various high street shops and online brands.
Bishop Grosseteste University has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign, please apply by sending a CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07368 380888 for a confidential conversation.
Full Job Description: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/enhanced/fp/cip671-fp.pdf
Closing Date: 20th September
Bishop Grosseteste University values people and promotes equal opportunities.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.