Job Title: Director- West Midlands Health and Wellbeing Innovation Network
Department: Innovation Group
Responsible to (title): Operations Director
Contract Type: 1 Year contract- 1 day per week paid via Unitemps £37.00per/hour rate
The key purpose of the role is to provide strategic direction and connection between the regional Health and Wellbeing community, the University of Warwick and to lead the new West Midlands Health and Wellbeing Innovation Network.
The Post Holder will utilise their industry knowledge, expertise, experience and contacts to enable the development of activity, funding and relationships. This pivotal role will influence key strategy stakeholders internally and externally at senior organisational, industrial, regional and national levels to meet health and economic outcomes for the region.
Strategy and Incubator Leadership
- Provide and lead networks to develop challenges with associated funding to give the best chance of recruiting viable solution cohorts.
- Lead the provision of programmes that support viable business solutions through incubation and acceleration
- Assess and develop the approach to innovation in conjunction with colleagues internally and externally.
- Support the WMHWIN by acting as an ambassador at events and leveraging University of Warwick and alliance strengths.
- Share specialist knowledge, expertise and technical innovation with the University to ensure the Warwick team are ahead
- Contribute to the effective development of the network, through interactions with local councils, NHS, health care providers and suppliers, and interested parties such as the LEP.
- Develop a longer term strategy for growth of the WMHWIN model, together with associated funding and networks
- Liaise and work with collaborators to ensure milestones and outputs of project are achieved and report to funders as appropriate.
Engagement with Health Industries, SMEs, Academics, NHS and health partners to:
- Build connections with all stakeholders for mutual benefit of developing problem statements and potential challenges and solutions, together with funding streams
- Connect with other businesses within and out with the health sector to build a shared understanding of the problems and seek possible solutions from related industries (for example AI, creative and digital)
- Gain shared ownership and enthusiasm for the development and use of solutions within NHS
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The post holder will be operating / have operated at a senior strategic level in their field. If there were to be an equivalent LEVEL of qualification through experience, it would be at a PG level.
- Credibility and reach within the area of health business is more important in this role than qualifications, but it is intended that the role will operate at a truly strategic and influential level within both the University and the wider region.
- The Director will have a proven track record of operating at a senior level in a health related business of appropriate scale and complexity.
- Demonstrable experience of transforming or growing a business would be a distinct advantage.
- Evidence of strong intellect with ability, through experience, to focus on matters in hand, and promote discussion to ensure the quality of decisions
- A track record of demonstrating impartiality, objectivity and independence in the best interest of all stakeholders.
- Evidence of successfully developing relationships, brokering new partnerships and mentoring others in their roles.
- Strong personal style with the ability to work alongside other professionals and form an effective team of independently minded, talented and informed people.
- Strong networking capacity evidenced by securing funding / support / in chosen field.
- Passionate about Health and economic development and innovation.
- An ability to understand the concerns of all stakeholders, and an ability to offer constructive challenge when appropriate.
Negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills at all levels will be key to the success of the role. The role holder will also be responsible for “selling” and securing funding for the next rounds of cohorts.
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign, please apply below by uploading a CV, and short statement to express why you are suitable for this role based on the criteria listed above in Word Document format or call Kaye on 07387238343 to book a confidential call, all applicants will need to book a screening call with SearchHigher to make a formal application before the closing date- firstname.lastname@example.org