Job Title: Facilities, Development & Services Director
Vacancy Type/Job category: Management & Professional
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location The University of Warwick – Coventry
Vacancy Overview-Permanent Position
WMG is one of the world’s leading research and education groups, designing solutions and overcoming challenges through collaborative research and development and world class education. Following an extremely successful period of major growth we are looking to recruit a Director of Facilities to provide specialist expertise and expert leadership on all matters relating to WMG’s existing buildings and facilities and new capital projects.
Working closely with the University’s Estates department, you will lead WMG’s contribution to and project management of new builds and major refurbishment projects. You will act as the senior WMG lead for the NAIC (National Automotive Innovation Centre), a unique resource with state of the art equipment and facilities, due to open in 2018. You will oversee the completion of the build project and the occupation following completion. You will have an ongoing role acting as the senior interface on all matters relating to facilities management with JLR, TMETC and the University. You will also develop and implement a flexible space management strategy to ensure fit for purpose accommodation to meet growing demands.
In addition to this you will provide clear day-to-day leadership and management of the WMG’s Facilities team and senior leadership on health and safety matters as they relate to facilities and infrastructure.
With an honours degree in an Engineering (or related subject) or equivalent professional experience you will also have experience of leading and managing a fast paced professional facilities management function within a complex dynamic operating environment. You will have proven ability operating at a strategic level, engaging senior internal and external stakeholders and demonstrating strong leadership.
You will have extensive experience of leading, organising and planning numerous complex or long-term asset and facility management plans backed up with a thorough understanding of concepts, principles and practices. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with complex situations requiring judgement and sensitivity, with a willingness to take accountability.
In return we will provide you with a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
To provide expert leadership on all matters relating to WMG’s existing buildings & facilities. To lead on WMG’s input into and project management of new builds & major refurb projects. To act as senior WMG lead for NAIC, including partner liaison. To act as senior interface with the University’s Estates department. To implement and develop a flexible space management strategy for the department to ensure fit for purpose accommodation to meet growing demands.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To provide expert leadership on all matters relating to WMG’s existing buildings & facilities.
2. To provide clear day-to-day leadership and management of the WMG’s Facilities team. To provide senior leadership on health and safety matters as they relate to facilities and infrastructure, ensuring adherence to Health and Safety law and University regulations.
3. To act as the senior WMG lead for NAIC – in relation to completion of the build project, planning for the building operations, overseeing the building occupation and acting as the senior interface on all matters relating to facilities management with JLR, TMETC and the University.
4. To act as the main interface for WMG with the University’s Estates department and other central departments on all matters relating to facilities management and projects. To ensure full compliance with all relevant statutory/legal requirements, University policies, annual reporting and other processes/regulations relating to facilities/buildings/space management. Ensure high quality facility information is provided and easily accessible for WMG buildings and facilities, enabling effective management and regulatory compliance.
5. To lead on the development of construction/refurbishment briefs and support business case preparation for new projects and acting as client lead for the overall delivery of new buildings and facilities and changes to existing infrastructure for WMG. Working closely with the Estates department who have overall responsibility for the design and implementation of building/infrastructure projects
6. To develop and implement a space management strategy to meet the department’s current and future needs. This includes planning for significant growth, and may include developing plans for future building projects and/or decant projects outside WMG’s current footprint. To investigate innovative use of space, in conjunction with the senior management team.
7. In conjunction with other members of WMG’s senior management team and wider University estate and property teams, to devise and lead on the strategy for WMG buildings and infrastructure to accommodate WMG’s dynamically changing research and teaching portfolios and collaborative relationships. Always seeking to create adaptable and flexible facilities and buildings to cater for the dynamic, entrepreneurial and changing nature of WMG.
8. To act as the facility manager responsible for ensuring a safe, fully compliant and high quality working environment for all WMG staff and 3rd party occupiers. As a mandatory requirement to ensuring that all emergency and life safety systems are fully operable and compliant to all relevant regulations.
9. To take on such additional responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post as required by the Chairman
Please send your most up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call for a confidential chat on 02476528936