The University Finance Office is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager to support the Accounts Receivable & Campus Commercial Services Group (CCSG) Transaction Processing Teams. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for delivering efficient and effective processing services to both internal and external customers.
You will be a fully qualified accountant, with experience in managing transaction processing teams in similar sized organisations, and should possess sound knowledge of internal control environments and adherence to financial procedures and regulations.
A strong leader with excellent management, organisational and communication skills, you will provide management, development and guidance to staff ensuring that their ways of working develop a customer-focussed, valuable, efficient and professional service.
The University Finance Office works with all Departments in the University to ensure that the University maintains its reputation for financial integrity and reliability. We support business planning and innovation to maximise the financial resources available to the University and create the long-term sustainable financial platform required for future growth. See Further Particulars for more information.
Finance Office staff across the University are networked as a professional community of expertise. You will be supported to continue your professional journey through access to Continuing Professional Development training opportunities, sector networks and regular Finance Office briefings. As a member of staff at Warwick you can enjoy a wide range of competitive benefits. The University also offers a wide range of learning and development opportunities, and we will work with you to support your career development. We respect and reward achievement and recognise the importance of a flexible total reward package. Take a look at the benefits that are on offer, including an attractive pension scheme, a generous annual leave entitlement including Christmas closure, family friendly policies, and discounted Warwick Sport membership.
A £5,000 per annum market supplement (pro-rated and non-pensionable) is available for the successful applicant on provision of proof of current membership of an approved accounting body and evidence they hold the appropriate accountancy qualifications.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
To develop and lead the Accounts Receivable (50%) and CCSG Transaction Processing (50%) Teams to provide efficient and effective transaction processing services to internal and external stakeholders while maintaining robust financial controls.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To be responsible for the efficient and effective processing by transaction teams, for Accounts Receivable and CCSG Transaction Processing, ensuring information is up to date, accurate and available in a timely manner, and complies with the University’s Financial Regulations and Procedures.
2. To be an expert in processes and procedures as they relate to the areas responsible for, providing senior level support and guidance to ensure compliance with Financial Regulations and Procedures.
3. To ensure the internal control environment is robust through the use of appropriate internal controls to ensure accuracy, reliability and security of University assets and personnel.
4. To design and implement efficient and effective transaction processing procedures across all areas of activity, ensuring documentation for all related accounting procedures and internal controls is properly prepared and maintained for staff reference and audit scrutiny.
5. To ensure that all designated balance sheet control accounts, including all University bank accounts, are regularly reconciled by responsible personnel and suspense accounts cleared. Reviewing and approving reconciliations received. Ensure that revenue reconciliations are completed as required for CCSG Finance Teams.
6. To lead a sustainable and effective team, by providing management, development and guidance to staff, ensuring that their ways of working develop a customer-focussed, valuable, efficient and professional service. Be responsible for recruitment, training, appraisal of staff as directed by the Financial Controller.
7. To ensure an ongoing quality provision and continuous improvement by establishing and obtaining approval for appropriate benchmarking and monitoring, and reporting against these.
8. To engage with the SAP systems team and maximise the use of IT to ensure efficiency of processing.
9. To contribute to project work as directed by the Financial Controller, acting as a departmental expert when participating in cross-functional working parties.
10. To provide support to the Financial Controller in the preparation of quarterly committee reports and the annual audit file, ensuring completeness and accuracy of the balance sheet, and other areas as appropriate.
11. To provide support with Treasury management and day to day banking transactions, as required.
12. To undertake other duties as required (commensurate with the scale and nature of the post).
The Person Specification focuses on the essential and desirable knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively. This is measured by (a) Application Form, (b) Test/Exercise, (c) Interview, (d) Presentation. Enter (a), (b), (c) or (d) alongside each selection criterion in the ‘Measured by’ column.
|Essential Criterion Description||
|E1||First degree or equivalent experience.||(a)|
|E2||Recognised accountancy qualification and membership of a CCAB body.||(a)|
|E3||Experience of working in a Finance department of a comparable size, with management of transaction processing operations, including reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and turnover reconciliations. This would include an in depth appreciation of policies, procedures, regulations and legislation of relevant areas.||(a), (c)|
|E4||Considerable experience of developing and leading staff. This would include excellent staff supervisory and team-work skills, with the ability to motivate staff to achieve deadlines and high standards.||(a), (c)|
|E5||Ability to communicate effectively, developing internal and external relationships and providing advice and training at all levels within the University.||(a), (c)|
|E6||A thorough understanding of the nature, purpose and implementation of internal controls.||(a), (c)|
|E7||Sound knowledge of VAT and Corporation Tax.||(a), (c)|
|E8||Sound IT skills, including Excel.||(a), (c)|
|E9||Sound knowledge of accounting standards and good technical awareness.||(a), (c)|
|E10||Experience of managing projects.||(a), (c)|
|E11||Ability to both critically evaluate proposals for new initiatives from operational areas of the business and provide solutions for Transaction Processing, whilst ensuring adherence to Financial Regulations and Procedures.||(a), (c)|
Desirable Criterion Description
|D1||Experience of managing a credit control function||(a), (c)|
|D2||SAP knowledge||(a), (c)|
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign, please apply below by sending your Application Form (download below), CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format to email@example.com or call 07823 524581 for a confidential conversation.Application Form