The University of Warwick is looking for a Head of Learning Systems to join the Enterprise Application Group.
- To manage and provide leadership to the IDG Learning Systems team, working closely with University and IDG Product Managers to develop new, and improve existing services aligned with product roadmaps.
- As needed, integrate and manage third party suppliers as part of the LSS team ensure they operate effectively, supporting service delivery and strategy.
- Collaborate closely with the IDG and University product managers to ensure LS support the delivery of teaching and learning.
- Own the quality of the work delivered by the team
- Act as the contact point for customers of Learning Systems including Product Owners and Project Managers
Lead the Learning Systems team
- Lead the LS team, including Software Developers, Integration Designers, Application Managers, and other members of the team
- Collaborate closely with IDG Product and Projects managers to turn a Product roadmap into a release schedule of LS developments
- In partnership with IDG colleagues, particularly Technical Architects, co-develop the systems and solutions architecture that underpins Learning Systems service delivery
- Assign tasks to team members and ensure that they are delivered at appropriate pace and quality
- Work as directed by IDG Directors and undertake other duties that are commensurate with the scope and level of the role.
- Manage the development and training of staff in the team, ensuring that their skills remain current and develop as the needs of their roles change
- Ensure that staff complete mandatory HR process, examples include Personal Development Review, Security Information Management Training and others.
- Manage the work of the Learning Systems team using the Atlassian JIRA tool, ensuring that key information is consistently recorded including when the task is started, finished, the time taken and the other tasks tag as appropriate to allocate resource to projects or services.
- Ensure that the team works in accordance with the IDG ITIL processes including change, incident, service request and problem management
- Manage third parties delivering services or developments for Learning Systems and ensure that their work integrates with the existing solutions.
- Manage the team and resources dedicated to the services the post-holder provides (i.e. equipment assets and financial budgets). Ensure that resources are deployed efficiently in order to provide a professional service that complies with current recommended best practice.
- As appropriate for Learning Systems services, develop, publish and implement agreed service level agreements, performance metrics and service monitoring resources. Demonstrate performance of the service against such metrics. The post-holder will present the performance metrics to the IDG Service Review Board (SRB) in order to demonstrate that the services are being delivered to an acceptable standard.
Delivery of Learning Systems Roadmap
- Lead the development and maintenance of existing and new Learning Systems technology, in particular the core data integrations and the life cycle of core platforms which underpin the service, including Moodle, Mahara, Echo360, eStream and Turnitin
- Act as the Technical Authority for development undertaken in the Learning Systems team
- Ensure that Learning Systems developments are consistent with best practices, align with IDG architectural choices, such as the integration hub, and meet security and operational requirements
- Provide technical leadership to the Learning Systems team, coaching members of the team when needed
- Maintain knowledge of Learning Systems technology at an appropriate level to remain proficient and current with them
- Align the systems and solutions architecture that underpins the LS solutions with the Architecture and technology choices made by the University Digital Strategy Group. Including the move to cloud delivered infrastructure.
Other duties commensurate with the role and grade
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience|
|Knowledge and Skills||
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign; please apply below by submitting a CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format or call Kaye Powell on 07387238343 for a confidential conversation.