Academic Office (with professional responsibility to the Group Finance Director)
This opportunity sits within the Academic Office managing the University’s Student Finance, Student Funding and PGR Training Grant Teams.
The University is looking for a qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience in strategic financial management, credit control and system and policy development. Excellent staff management skills will also be required to lead both complex teams and high stake operations in a volatile and changing environment. Comprehensive knowledge of financial governance, legal requirements of credit control, student support regulations, UKCISA fee regulations, OfS and UKRI requirements would be advantageous.
The role is full time (36.5 hours per week).
To lead the Student Finance and Student Funding Teams with circa 25 staff, having responsibility for collecting student related income in excess of £300m pa.
To work with senior stakeholders to develop policy and strategy across Student Finance, Student Funding and PGR Training Grants, reflecting changes in the legislative and regulatory environment set by Student Finance England, Student Loan Company, UKVI, Office for Students (OfS) and HESA.
- A key member of various committees dealing with Student Fees and scholarships.
- To manage and coordinate the reporting of studentship funding across the University.
- To analyse data and information to make recommendations on student finance and funding matters, reporting to senior management of the University.
- To identify, undertake and participate in systems improvement and project management for the efficient and effective delivery of student finance and funding operations, with a drive to improve the student experience.
- To represent the University at external meetings and engage in national activities to build expertise, skills and knowledge to advise the University on all matters relating to the UK system of financial support for students in higher education.