The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Shandong University of Technology (SDUT) in association with the Department of School of Engineering at the University of Limerick (UL) wishes to appoint a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering to support the international collaboration between these institutes.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate courses at SDUT through English, in a wide variety of Mechanical Engineering disciplines, including Finite Element Analysis, Vibration Analysis, Thermodynamics, and Engineering Mechanics.
- The candidate must also be prepared to be flexible in their approach to subject disciplines, and the candidate will be expected to cover introductory subjects like chemistry, engineering materials and electrical engineering to an introductory level.
- Applicants must have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Applicants should be fluent in English speakers.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of teaching at university level with experience of teaching students for whom English is not their first language would be ideal.
- 12 month annual contract
Essential requirements for the successful applicant:
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Capable of teaching wide variety of Mechanical Engineering subjects
- Experience of teaching at university level
- Fluency in the English language (written and spoken)
Desirable requirements for the successful applicant:
- English as a first language
- Experience of teaching foreign language students
- Administrative experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- The expected salary for this position will be toward the upper end of the Lecturer (below the bar) salary scale €31,748 – €51,722.
We have engaged the services of Search Higher to manage this recruitment. If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter by email to Paula Keville-Spain, Search Higher Recruitment Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org) or for an informal and confidential conversation, please call me on 024 76575129 as soon as possible.