Shandong University in association with the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems at University of Limerick, wishes to appoint a Lecturer in Software Engineering to support the international collaboration between these institutes
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and delivery of lectures, tutorials, and supporting laboratory activities at undergraduate level at the School of Computer Science and Technology at SDUT, Zibo, Shandong Province China.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach on undergraduate courses at SDUT through English, in a wide variety of areas within Software Engineering, including software development related subjects (programming, requirements, object oriented development, testing), databases, data structures and algorithms, mobile application development.
- The successful candidate must also be prepared to be flexible in their approach to subject disciplines
- The successful candidate will be a fluent English speaker, be able to demonstrate experience of teaching at university level in particular teaching students for whom English is not their first language
- The successful candidate will be able to visit UL each year for training as deemed appropriate and will also be able to participate in research activities at UL Citizens of the People’s Republic of China are eligible for consideration for this position. In your application, please detail your teaching experience in the following Software Engineering subjects: (a) information modelling (b) data structures and algorithms (c) web application development (d) mobile application development (e) software testing. You should include evidence of independent teaching evaluations.
Essential requirements for the successful applicant:
- A minimum of 2 years post PhD of relevant teaching experience in an English speaking country
- Capable of teaching a wide variety of Software Engineering subjects
- Fluent English speaker, be able to demonstrate experience of teaching at university level in particular teaching students for whom English is not their first language
- The expected salary for this position will be toward the upper end of the Lecturer (below the bar) salary scale €31,748 – €51,722, depending on qualifications and experience.
We have engaged the services of Search Higher to manage this recruitment. If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter by email to Paula Keville-Spain, Search Higher Recruitment Executive (email@example.com) or for an informal and confidential conversation please call me on 024 76575129 as soon as possible.