Lecturer (Teaching) – Mathematics – Dyson Institute
The Dyson Institute is building a world class teaching department, to develop the engineering leaders of the future. We are searching for talented Lecturers who are passionate about high quality teaching and learning to join our emerging academic establishment. This is an opportunity to shape the future of a Higher Education institution through teaching small classes in great facilities – all while benefitting from the support, resources and industrial expertise of a Global Technology company.
Teaching at The Dyson Institute is currently delivered by The University of Warwick. However, The Dyson Institute is in the process of applying for New Degree Awarding Powers with a view to delivering and awarding its own engineering degree as soon as possible. As one of The Dyson Institute’s first lecturers, you will have the unique opportunity to launch a Higher Education institution unlike any other.
- As a Lecturer for Mathematics, you will help to develop and evolve the academic course content to ensure it remains relevant to the future of engineering.
- As a Lecturer you will identify, define and deliver academic duties, including setting assessment materials, marking and invigilation, required to sustain the delivery of high quality teaching. You’ll also participate in relevant professional activities and engage in continuous professional development
- Working with Dyson line managers, you will support with the development of training and projects that support and apply the learning from the academic course
- You’ll give lectures, seminars, tutorials and other classes in line with our teaching delivery strategy
- Working collaboratively with Dyson management, you will help coordinate the development of specialist teaching from the wider research community
- You will proactively implement a continuous improvement programme to optimise all aspects of our course, including feedback from Undergraduates and Dyson senior staff
- You’ll support, define and comply with The Dyson Institute’s quality assurance standards and procedures
- With a focus on our people, you will provide the correct level of pastoral support for the undergraduate population
- As a Lecturer you will be able to demonstrate excellence in academic duties
- You will have a proven track record in delivering and developing best in class academic curriculum.
- You will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of quality processes within higher education.
- You’ll join us with a Bachelors or Masters in your field, and ideally a PhD in a related discipline
- With a focus on continuous improvement, you will demonstrate a passion for the mentoring and development of people.
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Pension scheme
- Medical and dental cover
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Subsidized café and restaurants at Head Office
Please apply below with your CV and Cover Letter, quoting the name of the job title you are applying for, for a confidential conversation please contact Kaye Matthews on 02476528936.