Cranfield Defence and Security
Centre for Defence Management and Leadership
Job Title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturers in Defence Leadership and Management or Organisation Psychology/Human Resource Management or Security Sector Management and Policy (3 posts)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Lecturer: Salary Level 6 – range £41,153 to £45,872 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £57,340 per annum)
Senior Lecturer: Salary Level 7 – range £50,507 to £56,295 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £70,367 per annum)
Location: Shrivenham, Oxfordshire
Cranfield University’s School of Defence and Security (CDS) is undergoing exciting strategic change and growth with new opportunities for academic staff. We run programmes world-wide and are thought leaders in management and leadership in the wider defence and security sector.
Our three posts in the Centre for Defence Management and Leadership (CDML) offer challenging and stimulating opportunities for academics with a social sciences background in the following areas:
- Organisation Psychology/Behaviour
- Thinking Skills and Critical Thinking
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Change Management
- Security Sector Management
- Strategic Management, Policy, Policy Reform and Governance You will be expected to:
- Design and develop modules, short courses and Masters programmes
- Teach and examine courses in leadership and other management subjects
- Contribute to the international teaching commitments of the Centre
- Support and mentor students to successful completion of their studies
- Plan and carry out research and analysis in a specific field
- Demonstrate and maintain research activity of high reputation in the UK and abroad
- Publish papers in key journals and deliver papers at conferences
- Supervise post-graduate students’ dissertations and theses in relevant research topics
In addition, a Senior Lecturer will provide leadership within the Centre by providing advice and guidance to colleagues, through mentoring and by acting as a role model.
You will have a PhD (or nearing completion); appropriate teaching experience within the leadership, organisation psychology/behaviour fields or political science field; experience of teaching adults and readiness to gain PGCE (or equivalent) within 24 months of appointment and work experience within the defence sector or wider security sectors of the UK or an allied state.
Knowledge of the defence and security sectors, their priorities and practices along with a track record of high quality research publications is essential.
Applicants for the Senior Lecturer role must have a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent) and/or Membership of Higher Education Academy and the ability to undertake original research and lead a small team.
SearchHigher has been exclusively retained by CDS as the executive search firm for this appointment. For further details including a full comprehensive job description please contact Sarah Brennan email@example.com 02476 575004
For full information about the post and the range of benefits on offer at CDS please visit us online at: https://www.searchhigher.com/cranfield/
Applicants should include in their cover letter/CV a statement clearly addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the Person Specification.
Closing date for applications: 14 May 2017
Date for interviews: 1 June 2017