The University of Bradford is looking for a Professor in Marketing.
- To make a scholarly contribution to research, teaching and knowledge exchange in their specialist area relevant to the University strategy and the sub-strategies of Research & Innovation Strategy and Learning, Teaching & Student Experience Strategy;
- To disseminate knowledge through teaching students from diverse entry pathways and contribute to the teaching and supervision requirements of the Faculty;
- To be collegiate and support the co-creation of knowledge through fundamental and applied research with the aim of enhancing research opportunities and contributing to a positive student experience;
- To maintain a research record with publications in 3* CABS or equivalent rated journals and/or internationally impactful publications;
- To demonstrate grant activity and/or commercial income;
- To support the pursuit of distinctiveness and competitive advantage through embedding the University Strategic objectives;
- To keep up to date with developments in subject area, developing relevant skills and keep abreast of University and sector wide policies, procedures and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead multi-disciplinary, high profile research via the Faculty’s Research Centres.
- Enhance the Faculty’s Research Centre’s reputation and impact to ensure a vibrant research environment.
- Disseminate and communicate research including publication of 3* and/or 4* outputs in the highest quality journals.
- Provide a stimulating and inclusive research environment to support the successful graduation of doctoral students.
- Contribute as an Independent Chair and internal and/or external examiner.
- Generate grant and contract income to support the University’s research and impact.
- Play a significant role in regional, national and international networks and partnerships to support the University’s research and impact.
- Engage with public policy-makers, charities, commerce and industry to shape and inform the research landscape.
- Contribute/lead the development of Impact Case Studies.
- Plan, deliver and assess innovative, engaging and challenging teaching activities which provide a distinctive and exceptional student experience.
- Ensure teaching within the Research Centre is research-led with subject content underpinned by relevant specialist research.
- Lead the design and development of an inclusive, accessible and research-informed teaching curriculum and supportive learning activities.
- Evaluate modules and programmes, and manage projects at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Lead contributions to accreditation standards as required including compliance activities or membership of re-accreditation groups.
- Lead the enhancement of and innovation in programmes, assessment and feedback including distance/blended learning.
- Ensure curriculum design and/or delivery incorporates relevant technology enhanced learning appropriate to the subject discipline.
- Utilise appropriate assessment methods and approaches and provide quality, personalised and timely feedback.
- Ensure the Research Centre has appropriate plans in place to identify, promote, administer and grow placement activities.
- Ensure strong collaboration within the Research Centre to ensure high levels of student satisfaction and quality outcomes.
- Undertake the role of Personal Academic Tutor (PAT) in accordance with the University’s PAT role descriptor.
Knowledge Exchange and Business & Community Engagement
- Create and respond to opportunities to develop and successfully deliver executive education, CPD or training.
- Lead submissions to accreditation bodies as required, including demonstration of compliance standards and co-ordination of re-accreditation groups.
Person Specification : Qualifications
- PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area
- Honours degree (or equivalent in a relevant subject area OR honours degree in an unrelated subject with a higher degree and/or professional qualification in an appropriate area
- Member of HEA or commitment to achieving appropriate level of membership (desirable criteria)
- A registered professional (as applicable)
- A level of English equivalent to level C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Significant experience of teaching and facilitating/supporting learning in your current or previous role with relevance for marketing (or related discipline) in HE at undergraduate and/or postgraduate taught and postgraduate research level leading to successful student outcomes
- Experience of leading the design, development and effective delivery of innovative programmes. Implementing and evaluating educational activities at under and post graduate levels including postgraduate taught and postgraduate research levels.
- Evidence of incorporating contemporary technologies to enhance learning and optimise attainment for all students
- Evidence of designing and implementing approaches to assessment that inspire and engage students, promote learning and enhance self-regulation
- Experience of leading as Co or Principal Investigator the application of external research funding
- Experience of leading, as Principal Investigator and managing research projects that have delivered on time and to budget
- Evidence of contributing to the development of early career researchers
- Track record of effective research project supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and attracting, retaining and supervising doctoral student projects to completion
- Possess a distinguished record of academic achievement at 3* and/or 4* including a substantive record of research papers recognised for their originality, citation and rigour and published in relevant international high impact peer-reviewed journals
- Evidence of supporting work based learning and promoting/supporting entrepreneurialism
The University of Bradford has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign; please apply below by submitting a CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org , or call Kaye Powell on 07387238343 for a confidential conversation.