Special Projects Team, Estates Department, University of Warwick
Salary: £29,799-£38,833 + excellent benefits package
The Estates Office is seeking a Project Manager for the Estates Office to assume responsibility for the management and ultimate delivery of Estates projects within defined cost, time and quality parameters. The Projects Team deliver an annual budget of approximately £100m. The work is a combination of new build and refurbishment projects.
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading universities with a reputation for excellence in its research and teaching. It is a dynamic and innovative organisation that provides a fertile environment for a rewarding career, playing an active part in delivering the University’s mission to establish itself as a world leader in research and teaching.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing project and programme deliverables through the full project lifecycle
- Close liaison with university stakeholders during the project lifecycle
- Managing budgets in close liaison with the Finance and Procurement departments to ensure all projects are delivered within approved budget parameters
- Reviewing drawings and specifications for tender and contract documentation
- Liaising with the Purchasing department during the procurement process
- Carrying out contract administration including financial management and settlement of final accounts
- Carrying out timely and effective management reporting
- Ensuring Planning and Building Control submissions are managed, together with the discharge of other statutory and legislative requirements including the duties of Client arising from the CDM Regulations
- In collaboration with the Estates Design Manager, ensuring the Post Project Review process is completed for all relevant capital and other major projects in accordance with industry and local guidance
The successful appointee will possess a construction related first degree or equivalent professional qualification in Surveying, Architecture, Engineering or Project Management along with a professional membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. RICS, MCIOB, RIBA, CIBSE, ICE, APM). The post-holder will also have extensive post qualification experience of managing projects and/ or portfolios of projects preferably in a multi-disciplinary environment and ideally will have a working knowledge of project delivery in the Higher Education sector.
The individual will have demonstrable experience of construction contracts, procurement, construction legislation, health and safety management, building design and specification (including NBS), cost management and value engineering.
The University of Warwick has many employee benefits, which includes childcare vouchers through a salary sacrifice scheme and the use of on-campus sports facilities at special staff rates (including a gym and swimming pool). The University offers a very attractive pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement; after a probationary period, there are opportunities for flexible working.