Warwick Conferences offers a range of world-class meeting and conferences facilities in a lively and attractive destination. We’re proud to be part of the University of Warwick and located on its leafy green campus. An organisation that invests all its profits into social benefit – education for students, or world-leading research to improve lives globally.
Our mission is to ensure that every Warwick Conferences customer is entirely delighted by their experience with us. The role of our dedicated team is to create lasting, memorable events that achieve everything our customers hope for and more. We have endless stories of how our people go the extra mile every day for our customers. Constantly on the look-out for any improvement to make, taking personal pride in their work and supporting each other to deliver their very best. Our entire team works together to develop clever ideas to deliver a unique experience for delegates, for every client.
Want to be part of our team? A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our team. We are looking to recruit an experienced Revenue Manager to join our Sales & Events team.
To implement revenue management strategies and processes in order to optimise and maximise revenue across Warwick Conferences. To ensure these strategies and processes are communicated to the Senior Sales Manager, Senior Event Manager and Senior Reservations Coordinator in order to achieve/exceed revenue and profit targets.
Duties and responsibilities
• To implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
• To ensure a clear sales strategy is in place for current demand & that it is communicated to the sales team effectively and reviewed regularly. Ensure that the team work in line with this strategy.
• To identify new revenue opportunities.
• To embed a revenue management culture.
• Have an understanding of market trends with regards to price, booking window.
• Analysis & reporting of actual performance versus competitor set.
• Create and maintain a 13 month rolling demand calendar.
• Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each venue.
• Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
• Analysis & reporting of actual performance versus sales and marketing plan & forecast, identifying trends that will impact future performance. Ensure future strategies are aimed at the optimum business mix to maximise yield.
• Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing group business strategies.
• Analyse overall monthly venue performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
• To manage and oversee the strategy for all 3rd party bookers.
• To prepare an outline for and support the annual FYP process.
• Be responsible for the recruitment, training, development and motivation of the team within the department using departmental guidelines on performance management, grievance and disciplinary procedures.
• Complete annual PDR’s and ensure subsequent training and development is managed appropriately for the business.
• Ensure direct reports and their teams are aware of business objectives and understand their role in achieving them, ensuring that specific training needs are identified, acted upon, assessed and evaluated.
Day to Day Management
• To set and monitor progress towards Key Performance Indicators which are relevant to financial performance and customer service excellence for the Sales team, Events team and reservations.
• To ensure all customer data is recorded and processed in accordance with GDPR regulations.
• To balance the requirement of internal department meeting and accommodation needs and the requirement to maximise the available space to meet income targets.
• To review requested changes to T&C’s from customers and work with the Legal and Finance teams to ensure changes are appropriate.
• To review tender responses in conjunction with the Head of Sales & Events for sign off.
• To provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
• To establish clear processes such as SOP’s and guidelines.
-GCSE Grade C or above in English, Maths & ICT or equivalent
-Hospitality/Hotel Management qualification to HND level and relevant Revenue Management qualification/Courses or e-equivalent
-Previous experience in Managing/leadership of a large conference sales team
-Previous extensive experience in a Sales and Marketing function.
-Previous experience of working within multi-site revenue management
-In depth knowledge of Industry trends, associations and competition
-Excellent presentation skills
-Good time management, planning and organisational skills to enable effective management of workload
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Advanced Technical/Systems/IT knowledge and skills
-Excellent attention to detail
-Excellent analytical Skills
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign; please apply below by submitting a CV & Cover Letter in Word Document format or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org