ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK
The University of Warwick is one of the most diverse and vibrant universities in the sector. Our forward-thinking vision is making a positive and significant impact to the communities we serve, inspiring both our staff and students to reach their full potential. We are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and self-aware individual who is passionate about making a positive difference and who will thrive in an inclusive and diverse University community.
To develop, support and manage both third party and in-house information systems, to reflect the current and future needs of the University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To develop, maintain and manage third party administrative applications within the ITIL Service Management platform and any other bespoke applications developed using the same technologies.
- To provide support and troubleshoot technical problems with the ITIL Service Management platform at University level, department level and user level.
- To plan, implement and support software upgrades and patches for the ITIL Service Management platform.
- To liaise with software suppliers and end users
- To take a proactive role in identifying opportunities for IT solutions to streamline business processes.
- To provide consultation to staff in administrative and service departments to analyse requirements and advise on technical solutions, utilizing the ITIL Service Management platform.
- To project manage both individual and team projects.
- To provide training to administrative staff and IT colleagues as required
- Other duties commensurate with the scope and grading of the role.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate:
|ESSENTIAL (E) or
a) Application Form
|Extensive software development experience||E||A,C|
|Experience of ServiceNow configuration, customization and integration with in-house and third party applications with regards to the implementation of ITIL based processes||E||A,C|
|Knowledge of relational database software, and knowledge and experience of data analysis, systems analysis and system design||E||A,C|
|Understanding of ITIL service management processes||E||A, C|
|Good communication and documentation skills||E||A,C|
|The ability to learn new skills quickly||E||A,C|
|Excellent problem-solving skills||E||A, C|
|ServiceNow Certified Application Developer||E||A|
|ServiceNow Certified System Administrator Accreditation||D||A|
|ITIL Foundation qualification||D||A|
|Prince2 Project Management qualification||D||A|
|The ability to plan, advise and manage projects||D||A,C|
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign; please apply by sending your CV & Cover Letter in Word Document / PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org