This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Business Analysts to contribute to a world-leading University and shape a rapidly expanding team of Business and Process Analysis experts and the service we deliver. We’re looking for someone who is ready to make a truly impactful contribution to a critical team during a transformational time at Warwick. The role reports into the Head of Business and Process Analysis, within the Digital Strategy and Transformation directorate. The Business and Process Analysis team works alongside Enterprise Architects, Project Managers, Service Owners and customers to meet the strategic and near-term objectives of our customer groups.
We are offering 3 x Full time, permanent positions.
This is a post for experienced and ambitious Business Analysts. There is variety, a great working environment, and an opportunity to shape a new team and contribute significantly to the University.
Duties and responsibilities
|1. Develop a deep understanding of customer processes, strategies, priorities, and constraints. Identify opportunities for process and performance improvement using business and process analysis techniques. Work with customers to inform digital strategies and standards. Drive and challenge customers’ assumptions about the way they will successfully introduce new business processes and solutions and contribute to robust process change, solution selection and implementation.
2. Apply previous experience of software development to ensure that customers receive informed advice regarding the effective use of IT to achieve their goal. Manage the customer relationship with colleagues who provide technical and project management support for service delivery.
3. Initiate and contribute to the ongoing development of technical documents and templates for systems requirements, support models, etc. Produce process documents including process maps and analyses, metrics design and performance management.
4. Work independently with a diverse group of staff from business and technical areas, and with external suppliers, creating opportunities to listen to customers and understand their needs and building relationships across the University. Work with the customer to determine the root cause of issues and identify underlying true requirements, distinguishing these from user requests. Attend formal University structures (e.g., faculty and department IT committees) and service reviews.
5. Play a leading role to analyse, document, propose and recommend solutions for customer areas.
6. In the context of allocated project work, use expertise to act as liaison between the business and project teams, technology suppliers, technical and support teams to ensure the solution meets user requirements and that issues are identified and addressed as early as possible.
7. As needed, run project start-up activities ready to hand work over to a Project Manager, including drafting a project brief and project initiation document and identifying project board members.
8. Develop proposals for service improvements and new solutions with Service Owners for technical and nontechnical audiences including the development of technical documents based on the UML framework (use cases, test cases, activity diagrams), BPMN notation framework and Lean Six Sigma skills (or equivalent).
9. Liaise as appropriate with all those within ITS responsible for delivering relevant services, building good relationships with internal teams, and working to support and develop new services. Where appropriate, manage the performance of key external suppliers in conjunction with the relevant Service Owner.
10. Contribute to the strategic development of ITS plans as an advocate for new and enhanced services.
11. Other duties commensurate with the scope and grading of the role.
|-Experience of business analysis (business case, benefits, success criteria, requirements) and business process analysis gained on major IT projects and initiatives|
|-Experience gained within a customer facing role within an IT service and experience of developing and managing customer service delivery in a largescale, diverse environment|
|-End-to-end experience of the software development lifecycle and approaches to analysis, and the ability to identify and adopt appropriate techniques|
|-Thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and requirements and translate them into application and operational requirements, suitable for the selection, development, testing and implementation of a technical solution|
|-Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact effectively with people at all levels|
|-Excellent attention to detail and an proven ability to probe and challenge assumptions|
|-Experience of producing and presenting reports to senior staff and stakeholders|
|The ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives concurrently and to prioritise multiple tasks effectively|
|-Experience of producing business cases, the software development lifecycle, implementation of IT solutions|
|-Experience of evaluating solution options and of making a major contribution to tendering processes.|
|-Able to approach problem solving in a calm, logical and analytical manner.|
|-Experience collaborating on projects with other Business Analysts and developing a shared best practice within a team|
|Desirable Criterion Description|
|-A degree or vocational qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience|
|-Experience of formal tendering/procurement procedures|
|-BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent-|
|-Working knowledge of BPMN standards|
|-Lean Six Sigma certification to Green Belt level or equivalent|
The University of Warwick has appointed SearchHigher as their recruitment partner for this campaign, please apply below by uploading a CV, and cover letter to express why you are suitable for this role based on the criteria listed above in Word Document format to firstname.lastname@example.org