Senior Lecturer (Teaching) – Electronics – Dyson Institute
Location: Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Salary: Competitive Salary, Company Bonus Scheme, Pension, and private medical care
Role Type: Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: 2nd October 2019
Interview Date: 17th October 2019
The Dyson Institute is building a world class teaching department, to develop the engineering leaders of the future. We are searching for talented Senior Lecturers who are passionate about high quality teaching and learning to join our emerging academic establishment. This is an opportunity to shape the future of a Higher Education institution through developing the curriculum and teaching small classes in great facilities – all while benefitting from the support, resources and industrial expertise of a Global Technology company.
Teaching at The Dyson Institute is currently delivered by The University of Warwick. However, The Dyson Institute is in the process of applying for New Degree Awarding Powers with a view to delivering and awarding its own engineering degree as soon as possible. As one of The Dyson Institute’s first lecturers, you will have the unique opportunity to launch a Higher Education institution unlike any other.
- As our Senior Lecturer for Electronics, you will develop and evolve the academic course content to ensure it remains relevant to the future of engineering.
- You will develop and evolve the methodologies for teaching delivery to enable the best academic experience.
- As our Senior Lecturer you will identify, define and deliver academic duties, including setting assessment materials, marking and invigilation, required to sustain the delivery of high quality teaching. You’ll also participate in relevant professional activities and engage in continuous professional development
- Working with Dyson line managers, you will support with the development of training and projects that support and apply the learning from the academic course
- You’ll give lectures, seminars, tutorials and other classes in line with our teaching delivery strategy
- Working collaboratively with Dyson management, you will help coordinate the development of specialist teaching from the wider research community
- You will proactively implement a continuous improvement programme to optimise all aspects of our course, including feedback from Undergraduates and Dyson senior staff
- You’ll support, define and comply with The Dyson Institute’s quality assurance standards and procedures
- With a focus on our people, you will provide the correct level of pastoral support for the undergraduate population
- As our Senior Lecturer you will be able to demonstrate excellence in academic duties
- You will have a proven track record in delivering and developing best in class academic curriculum.
- You will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of quality processes within higher education.
- You’ll join us with a Bachelors or Masters in your field, and ideally a PhD in a related discipline
- With a focus on continuous improvement, you will demonstrate a passion for the mentoring and development of people, both within your team and also cross-functionally
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Pension scheme
- Medical and dental cover
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Subsidized café and restaurants at Head Office
Dyson Institute have appointed SearchHigher as the Recruitment partner for this role, should you wish to apply for this position please apply below by uploading your CV and Covering Letter addressed to Kaye Matthews (Recruitment Manager) should you require a confidental conversation before making an application you can contact Kaye on: email@example.com or call Kaye on 02476528936
Previous candidates that may have applied directly need not apply, unless directly instructed too by The Dyson Institute.