Student Services Associate Director (Head of Customer Service & Employability)
Student Services is a diverse group of services and at the heart of what we do is a passion for enhancing our students’ experiences. We have an exciting and immediate opportunity to join our Department as Associate Director.
As an Associate Director, you will lead two of our service areas and be responsible for cross departmental and University initiatives, which enhance the student experience.
Examples of roles and responsibilities for this post include:
- Provide strategic direction and line management to our Student Services Centre and Careers and Employability teams;
- Lead initiatives to deliver continuous improvement of our services;
- Develop and lead Employability strategy on behalf of the institution;
- To work with key stakeholders across the university to support the objectives of the Education Strategy
- Ensure your service areas meet their key performance indicators and deliver a high quality service within resource, budgets and legislative compliance;
- Represent the department at university wide forums, meetings with external partners and on University wide project groups;
- As part of a small Directorate team, provide strategic direction and contribute to the overall day-to-day running of the department.
Many of our services operate outside of core working hours. Therefore you will need to be willing to demonstrate some flexibility in your working hours, enabling you to meet staff and attend some team meetings outside of core 9-5 hours. Please note that as part of our Directorate team, you will be required to support an out of hours rota (working approximately 1 in every 5 weeks). This rota will require you to be contactable by phone for student emergencies, which occur outside of standard University hours.
It is not necessary for you to have specific experience in Higher Education. What you will need is to put students at the heart of your decision making, be collaborative and flexible in your style of working, and be comfortable managing a fluctuating workload. If you thrive on variety and are comfortable juggling a broad range of responsibilities, then we would very much like to hear from you! Although the post will report to the Director of Student Services, you will be self-managing, and able to work autonomously to deliver your objectives.
The University of Southampton has engaged the services of Search Higher to manage this recruitment. If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter directly by email to Paula Spain, Search Higher, Recruitment Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. If you would like an informal conversation please contact me on 02476575129.
Interview date: 22nd May 2018