Warwick Business School (‘WBS’) is the UK’s top provider of finance, business research and education. Located at the centre of an outstanding university, in under 50 years WBS has become one of the world’s elite business schools providing top-class programmes for ambitious people. We are led by innovation, creativity, change, and engage with the big debates in business and public policy. We are currently seeking a Technology Integrator to join our team.
In this busy and varied role you will be responsible for providing IT expertise and implementation skills in order to support the administration of our portfolio of postgraduate taught courses at Warwick Business School. You will provide creative expertise for the identification, design and development of innovative applications of Information Technology. You will work closely with the administrative teams supporting the courses to enable the effective use of existing systems and the efficient implementation of new ones.
You will have key responsibility for developing the effective use of technology through the provision of appropriate tools and by ensuring that colleagues make effective use of them. You will also have a responsibility to identify potential efficiency savings in business processes and procedures.
Evidence of relevant applied experience in IT support or service development with a significant customer-facing component will be required, as well as strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience of project work and user support experience in a university or similar environment would be advantageous.
WBS has engaged the services of Search Higher to manage this recruitment. If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter directly by email to Paula Spain, Search Higher,Recruitment Executive (email@example.com) or for an informal conversation please call on 02476 575129.
To provide creative expertise and skills for the identification, design and development of innovative applications of Information Technology. To support users in the effective use of existing systems and efficient implementations of new ones.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise and implementation skills in projects to exploit the potential of IT within the School. Within an assigned area of operation, you will be required to develop a broad and deep understanding of the operation and business processes of the School.
- Contribute to the work involved in planning, establishing and maintaining the technology infrastructures, software and hardware, which form the platforms for IT services within their areas of responsibility.
- Within the School WBS eSolutions have specific responsibilities in one or more technical and operational areas, where you will be expected to be kept informed at a high technical level and to assist Information Systems Consultants in the development of School facilities and services.
- Within other functional areas, work under the direction of appropriate managers.
- Key responsibility for developing the effective use of technology through the provision of appropriate tools and by ensuring that colleagues make effective use of them. You will also have a responsibility to identify potential efficiency savings in business processes and procedures.
- Maintain close contacts with one another and with relevant managers, sharing expertise and information to ensure that developments are co-ordinated, and that a coherent development and service environment is maintained. You will be expected to manage such informal contacts as are necessary and to participate in regular more formal reporting arrangements.
- Participate, where relevant and as directed by the appropriate line manager, in operational activities within the functional areas to which they have been assigned, contributing to these activities, building understandings with colleagues and developing a deep insight into operational needs and client relationships.
- Closely involved with WBS eSolutions developers during any development of a product or service for their area of activity. You will have a key liaison role between the development group and their area, and they will be directly involved in the specification, testing and implementation phases.
- Contribute directly or indirectly to IT support services within the School and to contribute as defined by local management to support within their functional area.
- Contribute to an on-going programme of training (induction, one-to-one, and standard and bespoke courses). The aims are to create and maintain a high level of understanding amongst all staff of the potential contribution of technology to management and operational activities, and to instil the requisite skills to facilitate wide take-up of the possibilities offered by existing services and new developments.