The Role: Warwick Employment Group (WEG) provide employment opportunities through various websites to match prospective candidates with opportunities at academic institutions. This role is an excellent opportunity to apply your existing knowledge in best-practice development skills and processes whilst adding value to high profile websites in a fast moving and friendly environment.
Duties and Responsibilities: As part of the WEG development team you will be helping to develop our global recruitment websites. We are looking for self-motivated developers who can demonstrate a desire to keep up to date with the latest development trends, technologies and best practice as well as take ownership of delivering software to agreed schedules and quality. This opening is ideal for someone with several years of quality development experience who is looking to contribute from day one. You may be requested to undertake other duties appropriate to the nature and grade of post.
- A minimum of 2+ years of PHP or C# development experience – links to examples would be beneficial
- MariaDB or SQL Server
- OO programming and software design and development experience
- Experience of database schema design and querying via SQL
- Experience of Git code repository for managing changes to shared code repositories
- Experience of MVC/MVW web application frameworks such as Zend or Angular
- Flexibility to learn new languages, frameworks, tools and best practice
- Good communicator and team member
- Desirable Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of RESTful web services and API concepts
- Knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Awareness of Agile development practices
- Responsive design and website performance optimisation
Additional Information: WEGIT has engaged the services of Search Higher to manage this recruitment. If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter directly by email to Paula Spain, Search Higher, Recruitment Executive (email@example.com) as soon as possible