The Procurement and Insurance Services Office is a sub-department of the Finance Office and comprises a centralised team of Procurement professionals, working closely with academic, commercial and administrative colleagues to support the University’s strategic aims. The role of the Office is to provide a professional and effective procurement service which;
- Achieves value for money from procurement activity and supplier management, driving value through innovation and leveraging our commercial position;
- Supports the University’s teaching and research ambitions and where possible enriches the student experience;
- Engages with key stakeholders in support of the University’s strategic alliances;
- Promotes and implements efficient procurement practices;
- Manages procurement risk, mitigating financial exposure and protecting income streams;
- Considers the environmental, sustainability and social impact of procurement.
We impact over £230M of the University’s expenditure across a broad range of category areas including; Estates and FM, STEMed, Commercial, Professional Services, IT and Office, and Library services. Collaboration is a key element of the Procurement team’s role, whether this be working closely with departmental stakeholders to deliver their requirements within deadlines and budgets, or working with colleagues at other HEIs or consortia to maximise value through aggregated spend arrangements or framework agreements. We utilise a comprehensive suite of eProcurement tools including eTendering, eRequisitioning, eMarketplace and electronic PO distribution which complement the corporate Finance system, SAP.
Having recently completed a Strategic Review, we have a renewed vision to further embed strategic procurement across our impactable spend, implement full category management and further utilise our systems to improve the efficiency of our services.
Procurement at Warwick is diverse, exciting and challenging and offers the opportunity to make a real contribution to the University. We are looking for individuals who relish such environments, who are dynamic, can build relationships with stakeholders and suppliers, will effectively manage cross functional project teams, can work within defined and robust procurement and audit procedures and will drive the best commercial outcomes for Warwick.
The Insurance function sits within the Procurement and Insurance Services Office and manages the full portfolio of the University’s Insurance cover.
The roles include (With closing dates);
Senior Procurement Manager – 2nd February
Procurement Manager – 2nd February
For further details including Testimonials and Job Descriptions please follow the link https://www.searchhigher.com/warwick-finance/current-opportunities to see the full campaign site.
Please note, Previous candidates need not apply.